Masters of the Art of Thermal Spray
At Hadronics, we have spent years mastering the art of thermal spaying. We can spray inside diameters, outside diameters and flat parts equally as well. The types of coatings we offer include:
- Aluminum Bronze
- Stainless Steel
- Titanium Oxide
Our sprays can be used for a variety of industrial applications such as:
- Roll Journals
- Pump Shafts
- Hydraulic Rods
- Turbine Shafts
- Industrial Rollers
- Fan Shafts
- Gear Fits
- Armature Shafts
- Insulation Coatings
- Agitator Blades
- Conductive Coatings
- And many others
Why Hadron II for Dampening Systems?
Based on Hadronics’ industry leading Hadron chromium plating process, the Hadron II system was developed to counter corrosion caused by the introduction of new dampening solutions.
Every operation within the Hadronics finishing process is designed to ensure an optimized end result. The customized cylindrical grinding process ensures precise tolerances are achieved across the entire roller or cylinder. The corrosion barrier resists sub-strait erosion caused by acid attack. And the proprietary chromium plating process ensures an unmatched plating consistency. Furthermore, each step is completed using water-based solutions, ensuring the Hadron II chromium roller is optimized for its use in dampener systems.
As is indicated with the profilometer readings here, the Hadron II surface coating (front tape) is far superior to its nearest rivals (rear tape). In the printing industry, such a stark difference in surface consistency can have a significant effect on costs and performance.
Features of the Hadron II finish include:
- Significant reduction in surface micro / macro-cracking.
- Consistent and even application of solution ensures optimized print quality and opens the operational window.
- Roller is supplied etched and gummed and we recommend the white wrapper be left on until you are ready to set strip; then simply add water and run.
- Rapid start-up times due to immediate water disbursement across the roller.
- Precision grinding is used before and after the application of the chromium finish.
- Specialized chrome plating equipment is used for cylindrical items to ensure the thickness is consistent across the entire part.
- A corrosion barrier is applied between the item and the chromium to ensure long life.
- The resulting finish provides a Roughness Average (Ra) of 2 or better.